The Good News, Bad News & Gospel Truths Good News Bad News Brochure3-3-10
SIXTEEN IDEAS ON HOW TO BREAK THE ICE WITH YOUR NEIGHBORS
1. Say “Hi first” when you see them.
2. Be courteous at all times.
3. Live by the Golden Rule all the time! (Do unto others….).
4. Give people your full attention when talking.
5. Listen first, talk second.
6. Be your neighbor’s cheerleader.
7. Be your neighbor’s advocate.
8. Seek out and share good thoughts with your neighbor somehow. Postcard, Facebook, etc. www.alwaysbesideme.com/
9. Read a book about your neighbor’s worldview.
- “The Reason for God”by Timothy Keller
- “83 Lost Sheep: Reaching a Nation That Has Given Up On Church” by Gerry Stoltzfoos
10. Ask questions about opinions, feelings, thoughts.
11. Think about labels you have given your neighbors and FORGET them! (the labels)
12. Forget about past mistakes & Ignore the “dis” that have come from rumors
13. Show your gratitude, get creative! http://www.readingforyoursuccess.com/29-ways-to-show-unique-gratitude-and-other-random-acts-of-kindness .
14. Take pride in someone doing good. State it, show it, and imitate them!
15. Compliment them in front of others.
16. Ask about other’s interest before telling about yours.
NINE THINGS TO THINK AND PRAY ABOUT WHICH WILL PREPARE US FOR OUR SUMMER THEME – “WON’T YOU BE MY NEIGHBOR?”
1. The Countdown to Summer!
a. January/Philemon; Forgiveness is where all relationships find a solid foundation for a new beginning.
b. Feb & Mar/2 Chron.; A culture that has forgotten God is driven by fear, longs for peace only God can provide and is revived by leaders who trust God, pray and obey Him.
c. April/Colossians; TLCC Loves the Lord; Learns the Truth; and Lights the World
d. May/ Exodus; Called Out: God’s Answer to an Addicted Society
e. June—August/ Luke & Ephesians; Won’t You Be My Neighbor?
2. Who was your Epaphrus? Col. 1:7
3. For whom do you pray with Thanksgiving? Col. 1:3,4
4. What do you know about God that leads you to a deep quiet sense of Gratitude?
5. What do you know about God that leads you to a joyful celebration of His goodness?
6. What area of understanding God, His word or His will do you need most to prayerfully research very soon?
7. What neighbors have you met or considered for a “Neighborhood Block Party Ideas” this summer?
8. Who or how have you considered helping this summer with our “Won’t You Be My Neighbor?” emphasis?
9. To whom do you want to be an “Epaphras?”