- Minister’s Contract SAMPLE
- Professional Disclosure Statement – SAMPLE
- SERMON evaluation SAMPLE
- Minister’s Performance Review – Performance Review (Old)
- Sample Monthly Report –
- Core Values of My Preaching 2
- Building Campaign Questionnaire Relocation Questionnaire
The Senior Minister’s Role in a multi-staff situation and
the dynamics of changes in general
- Change instills fear and discord where leadership is not trusted –
- Change inspires anticipation when leadership is trusted.
- Leadership development process is essential
- Who determines “The Essentials“?
- Music ministry development (ECHO Conference)
- Pulpit and Politics Core Values –
dynamics of changes through building programs
- Leading a Ministry at TLCC leading-a-ministry-at-tlcc-2-10-17
- Annual Ministry Evaluation Questions Ministry Evaluation – Master
- 50th Anniversary Committee (How will we celebrate our past to promote our future)
- SS to 300 Committee (How might our building be used differently to maximize it’s use?)
- Architectural Committee – What kind of building do we need? (Needs analysis)
- Financial Committee – How should we raise money?
- Discipleship Committee – Visitor to leader process?
- Performance Review – Support Staff: TLCC 2014 Support Staff Performance Review Questions
- Performance Review – Minister: TLCC 2013 Ministers Performance Review Interview Questions SAMPLE
I. Elder Relations…
how are these defined?
- Job description evaluated and submitted by a Leadership committed
and refined over a period of time?
- Elders drafted the study, I refined the questionnaires for their approval. (Check out the embedded files for details
What do you do to enhance a relationship with your Elders and
- Say thanks!, eat meals with them, try to listen to their heart’s dreams, watch for burnout, recommend books, Elder’s book club, respect their requests, protect them from surprises, provide monthly reports.
what is your perception of the Elder/Senior Minister role in relation to how your Elders see this relationship?
- I believe we see it similarly (this is the first church where that has happened) – I equip them and they support me. We disagree respectfully, seek unity prayerfully, and stand united humbly.
II. Staff Relations…
how is your relationship with Staff members defined by the Eldership
- I oversee the staff under the ultimate oversight of the elders.
- “If it’s my job to make sure the staff works together and oversee the hiring process, then it’s my job to hold them accountable.
and are there any variations that you would desire potentially because of your leadership style?
Describe your role in providing direction for the Staff, meetings, discipline, job descriptions, hiring, etc..
- Weekly staff meetings, job descriptions, annual performance reviews, one –on-one confrontation followed up with a written warning/explanation.
III. What you have learned and applied leadership to in the process of change in the life of the church.
What was your role officially and as a Shepherd during building program(s) Questionnaire
major changes in the life and ministry of Timberlake,
- New leadership process
- Ministry staff search committees
- Vision Committee
- Mission Statement #1 (Scriptures listed, Categorize thoughts, Summarize statements)
- 5 Committees for growth
- Annual goal setting sessions
- Feasibility Study
- Mission Statement #2 WITNESS
- Building Committee
- Relocation Proposal
- Building God’s Way – ministry emphasis, trust/negotiation process “Graffiti Party”
- Long-term Ministry – Sabbatical Policy Developed
- Music /Administration Ministry
- Mission Statement #3 “LOVE the Lord, LEARN the Truth, LIGHT the World”
- T/LO/D 1. Reasoning/Goal Driven 2. Plan/Leadership Approved 3. Process Well Documented
- Safety Ministry Teams
and how you deal with naysayers through the process of change(for example, do you avoid naysayers or have a process you use in dealing with them?)
- “No anonymous notes regarded”
- Consider professional counsel before commitments are made
- Put the most reasonable skeptics as a minority in strategic positions
- “Before/After” the meeting feedback
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Working the Angles of Ministry – by Eugene Peterson
- Who Moved My Cheese
- Who Stole My Church – by Gordon McDonald
- Meetings that Work – by Alexander Strauch
- When Not to Build
- How to Increase Giving In Your Church – by George Barna
- Internship Final Project
- PREACHING INTERNSHIP APPLICATION
- Field Education Agreement
- Sample Preaching Intern Expectations-Office Hours and Internship Projects – updated 8-14
Church Camp Effectiveness for Recruiting Leaders Church Camp Thesis Summary
Doing Life Together: CHOICES – Ladies Ministry at TLCC DOing Life Together Choices
Ministry Tasks List –List of Ministry Task Opportunities
How should I go about trying to start a ministry at TLCC? Leading a Ministry at TLCC (4)