A video promo: Principles of Freedom inspired by our Founding Fathers
The biblical basis for the 28 principles.
A key question this study raises is this: What is the difference between a Democracy and a Republic. This article addresses this question: “An Important Distinction”
You can download the book in audio format for FREE here.
There is a “liberal” rebuttal to this book that can be seen here. It has some rough language and honestly I was surprised at the lack of credibility and professionalism with which it’s perspectives were presented. I would have thought the liberal agenda would have tried a little harder to be convincing.
I like the Patriots Bible, but also keep in mind that some people take their patriotism to a level that Jesus never intended. Below are three reviews of that Bible representing different perspectives on the Bible.
- A conservative view suggesting America is God’s creation and favored nation.
- A view similar to mine
- A liberal Christian’s view suggesting this publication is too nationalistic.
An extreme view that promotes America as an exclusively Christian nations has been called Dominion or Liberation Theology . This theology/perspective might be pictured like McNaughton’s painting. While there is no doubt that God has done a very specific work in bringing America to it’s glory, it is too easy to become nationalistic and begin to unwittingly communicate to others that to be American is to be a Christian and vice versa. I think my all time favorite book on the Christian perspectives of our fore fathers is: America’s God and Country: Encyclopedia of Quotations. Another fascinating perspective regarding the Bible’s place in America’s formation is describe in James Turner Johnson’s book, “The Bible in American Law, Politics, and Political Rhetoric“.
Here are some good websites to help you in your research:
- National Center for Constitution Study
- 28 Principles…
- History of Religion in America
- Progressive Blog on the 28 Principles
- An affiliate of the Heritage Foundation suggests these are legitimate concerns:
- A politically liberal rebuttal was posted by CBS News:
Principle #1 Natural Law in Scripture –
Principle #2 Virtue Brings Freedom –
Principle #3 Virtuous People elect Virtuous Leaders –
Principle #4 Religion and Government -Scriptures:
Principle #5 – Created by God to be equally dependent and responsible –
Principle #6 – All men are created equal-
Answers to the quizzes session – lesson5 ANSWERS 5000 year leap Principles 5&6
SESSION #6 5000 year leap Lesson Principles 7&8 -6
Principle #7 – Equal Rights, Not Equal Things
Principle #8 – Unalienable Rights
Answers to the quizzes – Session #6
SESSION #7 5000 year leap Lesson Principles 9&10 -7
Principle #9 – To protect human rights, God has revealed a code of divine law.
Principle #10 – The God-given right to govern is vested in the sovereign authority of the whole people.
Principle #11 – The majority of the people may alter or abolish a government which has become tyrannical.
Answers to the quizzes – Session #7
Principle #12 – The United States of America shall be a republic.
- Notes – 5000 year leap Lesson Principle 12
Principle #13 – A Constitution should protect the people from the frailties of their rulers.
- Notes – 5000 year leap Lesson Principle 13
Answers to the notes – Session #8
Principle #14 -Life and liberty are secure only so long as the rights of property are secure. 46 min. video
- Notes –5000 year leap Lesson Principle 14
Principle #15 -The highest level of prosperity occurs when there is a free-market economy
- Notes – 5000 year leap Lesson Principle 15
- “Current” Communist Goals – 1963 Congressional Record (Appendix, pp. A34-A35) The House of Representatives – January 10, 1963
Answers to the quizzes – Session #9
Principle #16 -The government should be separated into three branches.
- Notes –5000 year leap Lesson Principle 16
Principle #17 –
- Notes –5000 year leap Lesson Principle 17
Answers to the quizzes – Session #10
Principle #18 – The Need for Written Constitution
Principle #19 – Limited Powers to Government
- Notes – 5000 year leap Lesson Principles 18&19 -11
Answers to the quizzes – Session #11
Principle #20 – Government efficiency for the majority, Consititution protection
Principle # –21 – Strong local self government
- Notes – 5000 year leap Principles 20 & 21
Principle #22 – Government by Law
- Notes –5000 year leap Principles 22
Answers to the quizzes – Session #12
Principle #23 – An Educated Electorate
- Notes –5000 year leap Principles 23
Principle #24 – Peace through Strength
- Notes –5000 year leap Principles 24
Answers to the quizzes – Session #13
Principle #25 – Avoid Entangling Alliances
- Notes –
Principle #26 – Protecting the Role of the Family
- Notes –
Answers to the quizzes – Session #14