SMALL PIECES / BIG PICTURE
Sunday’s play list via YouTube
This Week’s Bible Readings Feb. 1 – 7, Matt. 15-18
- Where’s your space to read?
- What’s your time to study?
- What are the key words?
- What was God saying to them? What’s God saying to you?
- What’s the Holy Spirit going to show throughout the day?
- For what are you grateful?
- For what are you concerned?
- Who needs you today?
Next Week’s Bible Readings Feb. 8-14, Matt. 19-21
February 7, 2016 | “Those Whose Faith is Great”
Texts: Matthew 15:1-28
IN A NUTSHELL ” Jesus met a gentile woman whose “faith was great.” Those who are willing to change worldviews look for truth without a desire to be affirmed for anything other than the truth. Fragile egos like those of the Pharisees aren’t able to see the world through another view. This will be a review of some people who have left their old worldview to look to God.”
ICE BREAKER Have you ever met a person that came to faith late in life? What caught their attention and drew them to their new faith?
- What are the key differences between the Pharisees (vss. 1-14) and the “Canaanite” woman (vss. 21-28)?
- Boil it down. What “defiles a person” according to Jesus? Mt. 15:18-20
- What did Jesus say was the problem with the Pharisees? Mt. 15:6-9
- What did Jesus say was to the Canaanite woman’s credit? Mt. 15:28
- How might knowing that Jews hated dogs and Greeks enjoyed them influence this story? Mt. 15:26,27 [Worldview!!!]
- How has personal tragedy affected faith in your family?
- What is the difference between a faith that is desperate and a faith that is enjoyable? Which type of faith do you seek?
- How does “ego” seem to play into the difference of these faiths?
- How many times have tragedies brought you closer to Jesus?
- How many of those hard times have made God’s wisdom and grace more visible?
- CARE Sheet –2116MosaicCAREsheet
- Former “Skeptics” that have embraced God. awakeandamazed.com
- Why are so many Christians turning into Atheists? Charisma
- Those who have come to believe in God, sometimes later in life…
- Worldview comparison chart
- 2016 MOSAIC series and Bible Readings
- 12 Francis Schaeffer Quotes That Will Challenge the Way You Engage Culture (Relevant Magazine)
- Inspired Evidence – a good devotion book for 2016
- Timber Lake Christian Church Website
- Timber Lake Live! (simulcast)
- Timber Lake’s past videos (Vimeo)