SMALL PIECES / BIG PICTURE
Sunday’s play list via YouTube
This Week’s Bible Readings Jan. 18 – Jan. 24 Matthew 11-12
- Where’s your space to read?
- What’s your time to study?
- What are the key words?
- What was God saying to them? What’s God saying to you?
- What’s the Holy Spirit going to show throughout the day?
- For what are you grateful?
- For what are you concerned?
- Who needs you today?
Next Week’s Bible Readings Jan. 25 – Jan. 31 , Matt. 13-14
Title: “MOSAIC – Sanctity of Human Life”
IN A NUTSHELL
The sanctity of life means that humanity is more sacred than the rest of creation. Human life is not holy in the same sense that God is holy. Only God is holy in and of Himself. Human life is only holy in the sense of being “set apart” from all other life created by God. The sanctity of life should motivate us to combat all forms of evil and injustice that are perpetuated against human life. Violence, abuse, oppression, human trafficking, as well as abortion and euthanasia and many other evils are also violations of the sanctity of life.
Describe something in your home that is “set apart” for a very unique—rare use. What is it? Can you see how that could be called “sanctified?”
- How is the blood unique according to Lev. 17:11? Is the uniqueness of blood just an Old Testament issue? (Acts 15:20)
- What does the “Golden Rule” teach us about defining how we should treat other humans? Mt. 22:37-39
- What does Ps. 139 say about us humans? God’s view of human life?
- How does government decide who/what should be regarded as “special” or protected? https://www.fws.gov/endangered/esa-library/pdf/listing.pdf
- Worldview graphics – worldview changes graphic
- How has the devaluing of human life effected your everyday life? Does the younger generation see it getting better or worse?
- How does God view the weak, voiceless and underprivileged in this world? https://dougdelp.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/scriptures-concerning-poor-2.pdf
- CARE Sheet – 1416MosaicCAREsheet
- Who was Jane Roe? Norma McCorvey
- Scriptures regarding the sanctity of human life.
- “My Generation Will End Abortion“
- 180 young adults change their minds about abortion.
- Worldview comparison chart
- Life Network of Central Missouri
- Missouri Right to Life
- Focus on the Family “Sanctity of Human Life Guide“
- Defining what is an Endangered Species
- 2016 MOSAIC series and Bible Readings
- Inspired Evidence – a good devotion book for 2016
- Timber Lake Christian Church Website
- Timber Lake Live! (simulcast)
- Timber Lake’s past videos (Vimeo)