Sunday’s play list via YouTube
This Week’s Bible Readings Dec. 28- Jan. 3
- Dec. 28 – Jan. 3, Matt. 1-4 Begin by setting a specific and consistent time to read through and pray the Scriptures. Ask the Lord to bring to mind key words especially relevant to your life, needs and interests. Circle or underline those words. Ask questions regarding the context as to the meaning of those words. Pray about those words asking God to help you understand and apply yourself to the Scripture you are reading. Watch for things to happen that will affirm the relevance of those verses. Share the insights gained with someone else. Thank God for helping you understand them by not only learning them, but loving them and living them out each day.
Title: “Advent – The Shepherds”
IN A NUTSHELL: How do you view your work in light of God’s purpose in your life? How do you think the shepherds viewed their work? How did those around the shepherds view their work? Many people tie their self worth to the way the world views their work. Not God! Obstacle? or Opportunity?
CONNECTING WITH THE TEXT
- How did the Egyptians view the Israelites since they herded livestock? Gen. 46:34
- How did the shepherds react to the Angel’s announcement?
- What passages of Scripture can help guide me to know if God is
“pleased with me”? John 8:24; 11:25; 3:16-18, 36; Acts 2:38
- What are some key biblical principles that should guide us as we view our work in light of God’s purpose?Proverbs 11:1; 1 Thessalonians 4:17; Psalms 127:1; 1Timothy 5:8; Ephesians 4:28; Proverbs 22:29; Proverbs 14:23; Matthew 5:16; 1 Corinthians 16:14; Proverbs 24:27; James 4:13-15; 1 Peter 3:15; 2 Corinthians 5:20; Colossians 3:23-24; 1 Peter 2:18; Proverbs 28:19; Ephesians 4:29
REFLECTING ON OUR LIVES
- What are some key issues of your work that appear to be obstacles?
- How might God use those obstacles to “grow you in your faith, love and hope”?
CONNECTING TO OUR CHURCH
- How might the church… your CARE group, help you change your perspective of obstacles into opportunities?