Sunday’s play list via YouTube
This Week’s Bible Readings Dec. 20-26
Title: Advent – Jesus
IN A NUTSHELL: King of kings and Lord of lords, Holy One of God, Light of the World, Firstborn over all creation, Prince of Peace, Son of God, Alpha and Omega… given birth in a stable to be cared for by young blue collar workers. Jesus as a new born was laid in a feeding trough, greeted by itinerant shepherds and funded by the benevolence of foreign diplomats. No room in the inn, no tolerance from His people, and no patience from his brothers and sisters. Irony of ironies… what can make sense of these extreme realities? Oh yes, born…to die…to rise again…to prepare for us home. Merry Christmas to all!
CONNECTING WITH THE TEXT
- How was the city of Bethlehem viewed around the time of Jesus? Micah 5:2
- What was the irony that Mary saw in God’s call on her life? Luke 1:47-48
- What are two extreme contrasting things that Jesus says about those who follow Him? Matthew 19:28-30; 16:24
- What has resulted in your life because of Jesus’, birth… life…death… resurrection? Hebrews 2:9-10
REFLECTING ON OUR LIVES
- Is there anything special, “redeeming” about your town? Your family? Your home? Name it! Thank God for it! Ask God to help you grow it!
- What obstacles do you see in your life right now? How might they become backdrops to God’s grace!
- How might you need to “reverse” your thinking about your life?
CONNECTING TO OUR CHURCH
- How has the ministry of T.L.C.C. helped God take obstacles and turn them into backdrops of God’s grace, making them opportunities?
- Names for Jesus Christ – “Got Questions website“
- TLCC’s 2015 Advent Calendar
- Legacy Video – Ray, Jim, Becky & Karen
- The True Story of Pain and Hope Behind the “I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day“
- Inspired Evidence – Devotional for 2016
- 50 People Every Christian Should Know
- Timber Lake Christian Church Website
- Timber Lake’s past videos (Vimeo)