Sunday’s play list via YouTube
Title: “Encountering God- with Gratitude”
This Week’s Bible Readings Nov. 22-28
IN A NUTSHELL: The prophet Micah said, “Do justice, love mercy and walk humbly before God.” Worship is the humble walk. It is the knee buckling, jaw dropping acknowledgement of the gap between the creature and the creator, sinful and the Holy. It is the heart-rending, spirit-mending gratitude and the joy of celebrating grace and redemption. This is all wrapped up in a hope that starts today and will last an eternity.
ICE BREAKER: When was the last time you felt overwhelmed with gratitude? What caused your thankfulness? How did you respond?
WINDOWS IN THE WORD
- What does Mt. 7:14 suggest about the number of those going to heaven?
- What are God’s priorities for us as His children? Mic. 6:8
- List the stories recorded in Luke chapters 17 – 19. What lessons on gratitude might be taken from those stories? Lk. 17, 18 & 19
- We’ve heard the phrase for decades, no doubt, it’s been said for millennia, “What’s this world coming to?” What’s the answer? Rev. 12:7-12
WINDOWS INTO MY HEART
- Some have suggested that there are often key events in a person’s life that moves them from a mindset of gratitude, discovery and hope to a mindset of criticism, discouragement and hopelessness. Can you identify an event, relationship or circumstance that generally speaking changed your disposition (either good to bad or bad to good) Do you have any unfinished business with God or someone else regarding forgiveness or expressing gratitude?
WINDOWS TO THE WORLD
- How might the world be different if gratitude for God’s grace were more spoken of by the church rather than criticism and judgement. We’re not talking about the absence of Scripture but rather the improvement of our tone!
WHAT I SEE…
- The CARE Sheet –11415GodEnccaresheet
- “Teaching Thankfulness” – Creative Connections for Kids
- “Biscuit is Thankful” – A children’s book
- “30 Days of Thanksgiving” a daily devotional
- “The Dangerous Act of Worship” book by Mark Labberton
- TLCC Music Ministry – Pinterest Board
- Timber Lake Christian Church Website
- Timber Lake’s past videos (Vimeo)