Sunday’s play list via YouTube
This Week’s Bible Readings Nov. 1-7
- Ezekiel 33-48
- II Timothy 1-4
- Psalms 56-58
Title: “Encountering the Holy Spirit in Worship”
In a Nutshell: According to Acts 4 when we encounter the Holy Spirit amidst worship we could see some or all of these things which happen totally at God’s discretion, not by man’s invention or device. The overriding manifestations of the presence of the Holy Spirit include: respectful boldness of the believers and indisputable resources & successes of the gospel among the believers and unbelievers.
ICE BREAKER When is the last time you prayed for revival? Why? Why not?
WINDOWS IN THE WORD
- What things “happened to the church” in Acts 4?
- What things did “the church do” in Acts 4?
- What happened “amidst the church” outside of their control in Acts 4?
- What was Paul saying to the most divided, confused and argumentative church (Corinth) found in the Bible when he said, “You know that when you were pagans you were led astray to mute idols, however you were led.” See also 1 Cor. 14:12,20
- What is the difference between “manifestations of the Spirit” and the “fruits of the Spirit”? Gal. 5:19-26
WINDOWS INTO MY HEART
- If you had a choice between having the power to do miraculous things and gain a large audience or the power to live every day filled with resolve growing in love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control which would you choose? Why?
- What would you say is the most “noteworthy” thing that happened in Acts 4?
- What would you like to see in Acts 4 happen to Timber Lake today?
WINDOWS TO THE WORLD
- How might Randolph County be changed if we prayed for boldness to share Christ with others amidst difficult situations?
- This week at supper read, discuss the meaning of and pray about the “Fruits of the Spirit” (Gal. 5:22-24). Look for ways to foster hope in the worlds in which each of your family members live. Believing in the Holy Spirit and celebrating life means living in hope. Have a positive , enthusiastic and supportive attitude rather than a critical one. See how that habit changes your next time “at church.”
- The CARE Sheet –11115GodEnccaresheet
- “Forgotten God” by Francis Chan
- “The Holy Spirit” by Jack Cottrell
- “Counterfeit Revival” by Hank Hanegraff
- “The Difference Between Emotion and Emotionalism in Worship”
- LCC Music Ministry – Pinterest Board
- Timber Lake’s past videos (Vimeo)