TLCC Worship – Here are this week’s songs, and as always, they are on the Spotify playlist.
May 31 -June 6 Bible Readings:
June 7 – 13 Bible Readings:
In a Nutshell: Notice the dispositions of Saul and David in their battles, including them both in the battle with Goliath. There are similarities in the way people fight their outward battles and their inward battles; confidence vs. confusion, faith vs. fear, innovation vs. tradition. Everyone has battles; it’s those fought, lost and won at the Cross of Christ that are successful, forgiven and counted victorious in God’s eyes. Excuses are useless, vanity is poisonous, fear is a lack of faith and paralyzing!
Ice Breaker: Describe a time you felt like you were “double minded.”
Title: Celebrate Summer Vacation 2 of 3 – “Battles Within & Without”
Questions to Consider:
- What do we know about the Amalekites and especially about Agag? Exodus 17:8-16; 1 Samuel 15; Esther 3:1
- What decisions did Saul make when he was battling (and celebrating his victory over) the Amalekites that showed his inner passion? 1 Samuel 15
- What was it about the Amalekites that made God pronounce such an extreme judgement against of of their people? 1 Sam. 15:2-3; Deut. 25:17-19
- What decisions did David make when he was fighting (and celebrating his victory over) Goliath that showed his inner passion? 1 Sam. 17
- What decisions have you made while “fighting battles” in your life that have showed your inner passion?
- A comparison & contrast chart of Kings Saul and David
- David’s writing of Psalms in story line of his life – chart
- Missouri Civil War Battle Grounds – website
- John Randolph
- Visit Missouri website
- Five Habits of People with Remarkable Willpower
- Walking with God through Pain and Suffering by Timothy Keller
- The Roaming Gnome page
- Sermons online: Timber Lake Vimeo