TLCC WorshipThis coming Sunday, we’re looking forward to being led in worship by the traveling worship team from Central Christian College of the Bible: ALL THE EARTH!
Here are this week’s songs, and as always, they are on the Spotify playlist.
- The Lord our God
- Scandal of Grace
- My Worth is Not in What I Own (series theme for “Money Matters”)
- Great Are You Lord
- Jesus Paid it All / Nothing But the Blood
April 12-18 Bible Readings:
In a Nutshell: We are all sinners… some are saved by grace. Among the best evidences of grace in our life is when we manage money instead of the money managing us. Another good test is how we handle hard times. The acid test is defining to whom we listen. Our Redeemer? or the deceiver?
Ice Breaker: How can you tell if someone has your attention, or if they have your heart? What does that difference look like in everyday life?
Title: “God wants your Heart, Satan wants your Attention”
- Principle #7 – Hard times teach us to trust in God to provide for our needs. Satan wants us to fear losing things and worry about hard times. Ps. 37:18-19; 33:18-19; Rom. 8:35
- Principle #15 – God wants you to put your hope in Him. Satan wants us to put our hope in money. 1 Tim. 6:17; Rev. 3:17-18
Some Questions to Consider:
- What is the difference between someone having your attention as oppose to someone having your heart?
- Does the treasure follow the heart or the heart follow the treasure? Matt. 6:19-21
- How did Paul caution the “rich” in this world? 1 Tim. 6:17 Why do you think Paul felt he needed to warn Timothy to warn Christians of this? Isn’t this obvious?
- Does the Bible say that Christians won’t have hard times? Rom. 8:35 If not what does the Bible say about hard times?
- How can the Psalmist say these things? Ps. 37:18-19; 33:18-19 Are these promises, or poetic observations?
- Is it possible to be rich and not realize all of it’s dangerous consequences? Rev. 3:17-18 Are you? Do you?
- CARE Sheet – CARE Sheet 4-2-15
- Freedom of Simplicity book by Richard Foster
- A Professional Pick-pocket…
- Money Matters (4-14-15)