Title: “There Will be Leaders – Good & Bad”
Ice Breaker: Who was your High School class president? How has things turned out in his/her life now? Was he/she a good or bad leader? How do you know?
CONNECTING WITH THE TEXTS:
1. Why did Moses recruit leaders from within the nation of Israel? Vss. 9 – 15
3. Read Numbers 13 & 14: What characteristics differentiate between a good leader and a bad leader?
85. What are some general, but serious implications regarding salvation and spiritual growth that can be seen in Deut. 1:39?
6. Is there such thing as double rebellion or doing the right thing at the wrong time? What is the common problem rooted in both situations? Deut. 1:26-46
7. Read 1 Timothy 3:1-12: What characteristics differentiate between a good leader and a bad leader?
REFLECTING ON YOUR LIFE:
1. Did you ever follow a persuasive leader to find that he led you the wrong direction? Were there any “red flags” that in hindsight you can now recognize?
2. What are some things you are convince God has called Christians to do that at first may seem too big, too extreme, or illogical?
CONNECTING WITH YOUR CHURCH:
- What does T.L.C.C. do in effort to make sure she has good leaders?
- Which is more important to have good leaders or good followers?
- How might one tell if Jesus is The Leader of a group of people?
CARE Sheet Resources:
- T.L.C.C.’s Leadership process
- Who determines “The Essentials” in a church
- Church Membership – Belonging to T.L.C.C. – TLCC Membership Brochure3-3-10
Title: “Lessons- Fear the Lord”
Text: Deuteronomy 2-10 (especially 2:24-25; 5:28-33; 6:1-3;13-25; 7:17-24; 10:12-22)