Title: “Deception, Devotion, Departing”
- An article on: “Sky Gazers: Looking for and Hastening the Coming of Christ” by Kevin Morrow
- Have you been deceived? Christians & Culture: Lookout Magazine
Ice Breaker: What in your opinion is the greatest “deception” contrived by man, and believed by those that heard about it?
CONNECTING TO THE TEXT
- What are some key deceitful spirits and teachings of demons?
- What do liars with consciences that are seared look like?
- Why did Paul warn Christians “Do not be shaken in mind or alarmed.. and let no one deceive you…”?
- What are the most popular view of “end times” believed today?
- What should I be forewarned about in this discussion?
- Why are some Christians susceptible to being deceived?
- How does this affect the family?
- Some good resources on studying “End Times.”
REFLECTING ON OUR LIVES
- What worries you (alarms, shakens, distracts you from God’s plan, deceives you about God’s will) about the future? (seriously & honestly – if you can’t say it to the group take some time during your group time to pray silently about it)
- What do your children “worry” about? When is the last time you spoke with your children about future events in light of God’s word?
REFLECTING ON THE WAY WE DO CHURCH
- How might the Bible Fellowship hour, Sunday morning worship service and/or CARE group times better equip you for “loving the truth” and being fortified against “deception”?
THE CHOICE IS YOURS…
- How will you protect yourself from being “deceived”?
- How will you help your family and friends to avoid becoming “alarmed”, “shaken”, “deceived”, “devoted to false teachings”?
In light of our discussions about “End Times” how important is it that the Church’s leadership is well founded in Scripture, and self-controlled in life. 1 Tim. 3:1-16
Don’t forget about next Sunday Night’s Talent Show and Dessert Auction!